Diclofenac Potassium 25mg.
Cataflam (now known as Voltaren Rapid) is a powerful medicine for the relief of acute painful and inflammatory conditions. Each Cataflam tablet contains 25mg of diclofenac potassium. Cataflam is not available in many countries without a prescription. In New Zealand it can be purchased from a pharmacy in packs of 30. We strongly recommend that Cataflam be taken directly after a meal. Never take Cataflam on an empty stomach, as this may cause gastric discomfort. Onset of pain relief is usually within 15 to 30 minutes If you suffer from a stomach ulcer do not take Cataflam.
Cataflam is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (nsai). If you have ever had an allergic reaction or asthma attack after taking diclofenac, or any other anti-inflammatory medicine such as aspirin, do not take Cataflam. Cataflam is particularly effective against the medical complaints such as sprains and strains, bruises neck pain, back pain period pains, migraine headaches, and post operative pain. (e.g. Dental or Minor Surgery)
- Adults (all indications except migraine) - Initially take 2 tablets, then if necessary take 1 or 2 tablets every 8 hours
- Adults (with migrane) - Initially take 2 tablets, then if necessary take 1 or 2 tablets every 2 hours (Do not exceed 6 tablets a day)
- Children (over 14) - Initially take 1 tablet, then if necessary take 1 table every 8 hours
- Elderly people maybe more sensitive to the effects of Cataflam than other adults and should use the lowest effective dose for their condition. It is especially important for elderly patients the report any unwanted effects promptly to their doctor or pharmacist.
- Children (under 14) Children under 14 should not take Cataflam
Warnings and Cautions
- TAKING OTHER MEDICINES WITH CATAFLAM - The effects of some other medicines may be modified by Cataflam. You should ask your doctor or pharmacist before taking other medicines in addition to Cataflam
- Treatment for acute, inflammatory and painful conditions is usually necessary for only a few days. Chronic conditions require continuous treatment.
- Stop taking CATAFLAM and consult your doctor immediately if you develop one or more of the following symptoms:
- Swelling of the face feet or legs
- Persistant sore throat or high temperature
- Skin rash Asthma attacks
- Black coloured stools
- Yellowing of the skin or eyes
- If you feel dizzy or light headed or find that your sight is affected, you should NOT drive a vehicle or operate machinery
- Gastric symptoms such as nausea, vomiting or pain in the upper abdominal region
Cataflam is now known as Voltaren Rapid - please follow though to our Voltaren Rapid product page
to purchase this product.
Cataflam is a pharmacist only medicine.
Cataflam is a registered trademark of Novartis Consumer Health
No prices listed for this product.