Beclomethasone Dipropionate B.P. 50mcg/spray.
Alanase is the generic of Beconase Aqueous Nasal Spray and is used to provide effective relief from hayfever. It contains Beclomethasone Dipropionate B.P. 50mcg, a corticosteroid that is used in the prevention and treatment of seasonal allergic rhinitis, more commonly known as "hayfever". To maximize effectiveness, treatment with Alanase should commence prior to exposure to allergens. Alanase is not designed to provide immediate relief from hayfever. It will generally take a few days to reach its full effect so Alanase needs to be used on a regular basis, even when the symptoms appear to have abated. Alanase will reduce swelling in the nasal passages, relieve sinus blockage, sneezing and eye irritation. Alanase 50 Aqueous Nasal Spray comes in a 20ml bottle.
Instructions for Use
Read the patient information carefully before using. Shake the bottle gently before each use. Remove the dust cap from the nasal applicator. Hold the nasal spray straight upright. The first time the nasal spray is used it will need to be 'primed'. To prime the pump for use firmly press down on the white collar. Keep pressing until a fine spray is released through the applicator nozzle. The nasal spray is now primed and ready for use. It will not be necessary to reprime the nasal spray unless it is disassembled or used infrequently.
Once the nasal spray is ready for use, gently blow you nose to help clear the nostrils. Tilt your head slightly forward, close one nostril and carefully insert the nasal applicator into the other nostril. Hold the bottle upright and press down firmly on the white collar to deliver the required dosage of spray. Breathe gently inwards through the nostril and then breathe out through your mouth. Repeat the procedure for the other nostril. Replace the dust cap once you are finished. Store Alanase Nasal Spray below 25 degrees Celsius but do not refrigerate. Protect from direct sunlight and store in an upright position. Discard any remaining spray 3 months after first using the bottle. Discard 3 months after first using the spray.
- Adults and children over 12 years of age - Initially pump one or two sprays into each nostril twice a day, usually morning and night. After 2 to 3 days pump one spray into each nostril twice a day. If you experience only mild symptoms of hayfever then one spray into each nostril twice a day may be sufficient. If you miss a dose, take the next dose when it is due and do not take a double dose at one time. Do not use more than a total of 8 sprays a day, or 4 sprays per nostril per day.
- Alanase should not be used by children under 12 years of age unless advised by your doctor or pharmacist.
Warnings and Cautions
- Only use Alanase in the nose
- Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you have an infection in the nasal passages or sinuses
- Do not use Alanase if you have recurring nasal bleeding
- Consult with your doctor or pharmacist before using Alanase if you are pregnant, breast-feeding or taking other corticosteroid medication
- Consult your doctor if you have recently had an injury to, or surgery on, your nose, or problems with ulceration the nose
- Consult your doctor if you experience acute eye pain or visual disturbance
- Consult your doctor if you develop signs or symptoms of infection such as fever, nasal or facial pain or swelling, discoloured or purulent (containing pus) nasal discharge or nasal bleeding
- If symptoms persist, consult you doctor. Do not use Alanase for more than 6 months without medical supervision. Systemic side effects like "rebound" congestion may occur if an excessive dosage is taken over a prolonged period of time
- Do not use Alanase if you are allergic to Beclomethasone Dipropionate or any other component of Alanase
- There are no known interactions between Alanase and other medicines or alcohol. Alanase will not interfere with treatments for viral or bacterial nasal infection. Alanase will not cause drowsiness
- Keep out of the reach of children
- Occasionally a succession of sneezes may immediately follow the use of Alanase but this is usually only temporary
- Very occasionally you may notice an unpleasant taste or smell
- In some cases, possible side effects of this medication may include: Temporary minor irritations such as an itching of the nose, throat and ears, sore throat and dry mouth may occur
No prices listed for this product.